[mrtg] Re: ...gd installation problems...

Grendel grendel at interq.ad.jp
Tue Apr 3 17:48:51 MEST 2001

Hi,
	You need to edit the libgd Makefile so that /usr/local/include is in
the list of directories to look for headers, and /usr/local/lib is in
the list of places to look for libraries. In other words, the following
two lines in the Makefile need to be as a bare mimimum:

INCLUDEDIRS=-I. -I/usr/local/include

LIBDIRS=-L. -L/usr/local/lib

	Since libgd does not have the ./configure that comes with most of the
other tarballs you've probably downloaded so far, I strongly suggest you
re-read the user-editable section at the beginning of the Makefile.
There might be other items you need to adjust.

Hope that helps,
James Overbeck
GMO - http://www.gmo.co.jp/
Tokyo, Japan