[mrtg] Re: [rrd-users] Re: RRDTool + MRTG

Shoaib Muhammad Shoaib.Muhammad at fronteracorp.com
Thu Apr 5 00:49:59 MEST 2001

hi josh,

Here are my steps if they can help you out.

I can tell you the steps for Solaris 8 becuz mine is running on it.

1. I running MRTG for last 1 month on that box, and last week compiled
RRDTool.
2. I have bunch of MRTG configs and I picked one and renamed it.
3. Change the WorkDir to some new directory
4. copied all the files from old WorkDir to this new WorkDir
5. Add these three lines :

LogFormat: rrdtool
PathAdd: /usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.33/bin/
LibAdd: /usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.33/lib/perl/

5a. run one time manually the MRTG on the newly named cfg file. and saw mrtg
is going to convert all *.log to *.rrd.
6. download 14all.cgi into httpd cgi-bin directory
7. change its permission to executable
8. changed the following entries in 14all.cgi according to my machine:

use lib qw(/usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.33/lib/perl);
$cfgfile = '/usr/local/etc/mrtg/BigIron8000Exodus1.rrdtool.autocfg';

9. hit the cgi-bin/14all.cgi and it gaves me error about *.pm (the perl
modules) Not Found.
10. I copied all those modules to /usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.33/lib/perl and
then its start working

i hope it will help you, but i didn't tried on WINNT ...

Thanks,
Shoaib