[mrtg] Re: MRTG newbie number two :-)

David Sawyer david.sawyer at uk.mckhboc.com
Thu Apr 5 18:07:28 MEST 2001

You could think of a MIB as a book and an OID (Object IDentifier) as a page
in the book.

You specify the Target[] parameter in MRTG to point to an OID to return the
value stored in it.

MIBs are not used in MRTG, I only use MIBs to find the OID number by using
GetIf or WhatsUp Gold (www.ipswitch.com)

http://www.wtcs.org/snmp4tpc/  is a good place to start learning about SNMP.

HTH
Dave

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended
only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient you
must not copy, distribute, or take any action or reliance on it.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender.
Any unauthorised disclosure of the information contained in this e-mail
is strictly prohibited.