[mrtg] Re: Realy need help with a mib

Roth, Gabrielle gabrielle.roth at xo.com
Fri Apr 6 20:45:21 MEST 2001

> Hi!
> I really need help. I got a mib for cpu utilization on a
> cisco pix, but i
> don't know what to do with it! Should i compile in it on the
> pix or ist
> enought to compile it on a klient? how do i use the mib with mrtg??

You don't need to compile the mib anywhere.  You need to figure out the
exact OID you are interested in (eg .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.3.6.0 <--just an example,
this is definitely not the one you want) from the MIB, and then plug that
into mrtg.

How to plug it into mrtg:
http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/reference.html#target look
under "Explicit OIDs".
You might also want to read http://faq.mrtg.org/FAQ006.html

Also, this (and similar) questions get asked on the list fairly often, so
you should check the list archives at http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/mrtg/ for
anything I might have forgotten to tell you. :)

-gr