[mrtg] Re: Ok Someone with a little assistance

Grendel grendel at interq.ad.jp
Sat Apr 7 06:31:06 MEST 2001

Hello,
	I've seen something like this before. I found it in indexmaker, and the
error message refered to line 174. The problem was that inside a here
document beginning at line 174, there was an attempt to get at a hash
value that had never been defined using a key that had never been used
to assign anything to that hash. So I would guess you have something
similar, a here document beginning at line 126 and a reference to an
undefined variable somewhere within. That undefined variable could
conceivably be either something that has genuinely never been used, a
mispelled variable, a mispelled key in a hash, or an array with an
attempt to get at a value beyond its end.
	Whichever it is, you can make the error go away by checking whether or
not it's defined just before it's used, like this:

    if (! defined($$opt{pagetop})) { $$opt{pagetop} = '' }

	Hope that helps. Not sure about the "not recognized" error I'm afraid.

Best regards,
James Overbeck
GMO - http://www.gmo.co.jp/
Tokyo, Japan