[mrtg] MRTG/cfgmaker? problem

Julien Borne julien.borne at detexis.thomson-csf.com
Tue Apr 10 12:37:13 MEST 2001

Hi all,

Finally, I've downloaded new files from sunfreeware.com, they are easier
to install and work for sure.
So I made a new install, and everything was okay until I launched mrtg.
Indeed it seems to have a problem with rateup, or rateup doesn't seem to
find (or tell the right path to) some perl libs.
Here's my error message:

# ./mrtg /home/www/mrtg/testnew.cfg&
1259
# Daemonizing MRTG ...
ld.so.1: /usr/local/mrtg-2.9.10/bin/rateup: fatal : libpng.so.2 : échec
de l'ouverture : Ce fichier ou ce répertoire n'existe pas
WARNING: rateup died from Signal 9
 with Exit Value 0 when doing router '60.1.33.121_2'
 Signal was 9, Returncode was 0
[there are as many as my interfaces]

So it doesn't seem to find libpng.so.2, which is in fact in
/usr/local/lib/libpng.so.2 (dir where libpng was auto-installed)

So now I've got everything installed in the right dirs, but it doesn't
work anymore! :_-(

Can anybody help?
Thanks

Julien