[mrtg] Re: Syntax problems.

Daniel J McDonald dmcdonald at digicontech.com
Tue Apr 10 15:37:30 MEST 2001

No loadmib statement is needed - that mib is built in:

Try something on the order of:
tartget[foo]: ifInErrors/172.16.0.1&IfOutErrors/172.16.0.1:public at 172.16.0.1
options[foo]: perhour

remember that you need to monitor 2 variables - might as well do in and out
errors.  In this example I'm using the IP form of interface matching - any
of the forms work, so you can use Ip address, ifindex, ifdescr, ifname, or
iftype, depending on your circumstances.

Also, note the perhour directive.  perhour is needed when rateup is used
because rateup ignores anything that does not occur at least 300 times in 5
minutes.  So, if you want stuff to show up, you need to scale it up.
PerHour does the scaling and fixes the legends for you, so that's a
no-brainer.  If you use rrdtool as your backend database you don't need
perhour.

You can mix and match routers and config files at whim.