[mrtg] Re: MRTG/cfgmaker? problem

Roth, Gabrielle gabrielle.roth at xo.com
Tue Apr 10 17:03:08 MEST 2001

> So it doesn't seem to find libpng.so.2, which is in fact in
> /usr/local/lib/libpng.so.2 (dir where libpng was auto-installed)

Julien,
Are you running Linux?  What is happening is mrtg can't find all the shared
libraries.

I solved this problem by adding /usr/local/lib (the path to libpng.so.2) to
/etc/ld.so.conf and then running ldconfig.  You should probably 'man
ldconfig' first though. :)

I have heard of a similar problem with Solaris, but don't know the solution.
*If someone would enlighten me, I'll put this in the FAQ, as we do see this
here a lot.

Thanks!
-gr