[mrtg] Re: Need Advice Please - prepare for breif rant...

Grendel grendel at interq.ad.jp
Thu Apr 12 00:55:37 MEST 2001

Hello,
	Snipped a bunch from the original...
	I use 2.9.10 on Solaris, and I have experience with using it to monitor
ATM routers made by NEC. Once I was trying to use it as part of a shell
script I could run whenever there was a change so all configs and
indices could be updated with one command. I also had a problem with
tedious editing of bandwidths, which made it hard to do configs and
indices in one go, until I discovered a wonderful little program called
sed. It let automate the searches and replaces I had been doing by hand.
	sed is avalable for Windows by way of Cygwin (http://www.cygwin.com).
Though I've never tried using cygwin myself, it's what I would use if I
were in a situation where I was stuck with a Windows machine but needed
the *nix tools I'm familiar with.

Best regards,
James Overbeck
GMO - http://www.gmo.co.jp/