[mrtg] Creating indexes

Albinati, Luis Martin albo at prima.com.ar
Wed Apr 18 00:34:27 MEST 2001

Hi,
any of you guys know a way of creating index files like the ones that
indexmaker creates but tidier? for example: in one of my config files I have
+- 30 routers with at least 10 to 30 interfaces in each router, so one
single looong index file is not quite easy to read. What I am looking for is
a way to clean up that index file by making subtitles for each router in
bold and in a bigger font size or something like it, that makes finding an
interface of a particular router easier. I've tried making multiple config
files (one per router) and then making a index manually with links to each
router index file but is not practical because you can't see all interfaces
in one page, and besides I have to make 20 entries in crontab within a range
of 5 minutes, making things more complicated and incrementing considerably
the cpu load of the machine.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Luis

PS: tidying up the index file manually is not an option because we change
configuration files quite frequently, and so changes the index each time.

Luis Martin Albinati
N.O.C.
Prima S.A. - Argentina
Ciudad Internet / Datamarkets