[mrtg] Re: Tips

Daniel R . Kilbourne drk at voyager.net
Wed Apr 18 16:35:16 MEST 2001

Just to toss this out here. I think mrtg is an amazing tool at what it does, and (IMHO) what it
is best for is for graphing 'things', not notification.

If you want notification (especially for things such as lost link, port monitoring, etc.)
take a look at http://www.sysmon.org - also a great tool.

With that said, threshold notifications are great for certain things (dial groups approaching full,
temperature spiking, etc.)

--
Daniel R. Kilbourne
daniel.kilbourne at voyager.net