[mrtg] cfgmaker & WS-C3548-XL

Håkan Lindholm hakan at spray.se
Wed Apr 18 17:57:15 MEST 2001

Hello all.

I have the following software:

cfgmaker for mrtg-2.9.10
IOS (tm) C3500XL Software (C3500XL-C3H2S-M), Version 12.0(5)XU, RELEASE
SOFTWARE (fc1)

When running '/usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/cfgmaker --ifref=name --global "Include:
/home/mrtg/default.inc" --no-down --subdirs=HOSTNAME public at switch10', all
ports that are oper down still shows up with MaxBytes: 0 and get commented
out because of that.

snmpwalk shows Gauge: 0, which might be the problem.

What I want is some way for cfgmaker to find out that FastEthernet *always
is* 100 Mbps and GigabitEthernet *always is* 1 Gbps. Is it possible today or
maybe in future releases?

Cisco Catalyst Operating System Software, Version 4.5(11) shows "Gauge:
100000000" also when the interface is "oper down".

TIA
 Hakan

--
                                          SPRAY NETWORK SERVICES AB
       System, Network and Security Architecture and Administration