[mrtg] Re: MRTG & SNMP

Frank Carreiro fcarreiro at loweryinc.com
Wed Apr 18 17:59:58 MEST 2001

Every manufacturer is different.  Typically you would either telnet into
the device or directly connect to the management module.  Usually there
is a logon and password request.  On Cisco's you need to type "en" to
enter supervisor mode (again a password will be required).

I don't do this every day so I'm a bit rusty but basically on cisco I
type "show ?".  A list will appear of commands.  There is a section for
SNMP if I recall correctly.  I simply had to follow through the menu of
commands and enable it. It wasn't terribly hard however I was digging a bit.

Wish I could give you more details.  Perhaps someone more familiar with
these devices can help.  I recommend you check your device
documentation.  It should give details how to set it up.

Good Luck!

Frank