[mrtg] Re: PLEASE HELP :(

Roth, Gabrielle gabrielle.roth at xo.com
Wed Apr 18 22:56:38 MEST 2001

No.  I altered cfgmaker to use ifDescr as my target.  (I believe this is now
an option with the newer versions of cfgmaker, something like --ifdescr, but
don't quote me on that, check the docs).

My target lines look like this:
Target[router.serial3-3]: 92:community at router
Target[router.atm10-0-0]: 93:community at router

My files are named like so:
router.atm10-0-0-day.png
router.atm10-0-0-month.png
router.atm10-0-0-week.png
router.atm10-0-0-year.png
router.atm10-0-0.html
router.atm10-0-0.log
router.atm10-0-0.old
router.serial3-3-day.png
router.serial3-3-month.png
router.serial3-3-week.png
router.serial3-3-year.png
router.serial3-3.html
router.serial3-3.log
router.serial3-3.old

So, unless the interface name changes, which I haven't had happen yet, I
don't lose any data.

This may not be The Best Way (tm) but it's working for me.

-gr