[mrtg] Load Average and mrtg

Kiriakos Economakos kecon at cosmoline.com
Thu Apr 19 13:15:46 MEST 2001

Hi all,
I am currently trying to gather some statistics from my servers using
net-snmp and mrtg.

My problems begin when I try to gather some statistics about the load
average of each
server. I use the following command
-> /usr/local/bin/snmpget $1 public ucdavis.laTable.laEntry.laLoad.0|awk -F
'=' '{print $2}'
-> /usr/local/bin/snmpget $1 public ucdavis.laTable.laEntry.laLoad.1|awk -F
'=' '{print $2}'

with which I feed the measurment into mrtg. Although there everything seems
(?) to run I get a flat line in my graphs
(and I am very sure that the load average changes constantly).

the output of these commands looks like this:

1st run : 2.73    2nd run: 2.83
             1.75                 1.74

Thank you in advance.

Kiriakos Economakos