[mrtg] Re: AIX OID

Marc Bilodeau marc at somix.com
Thu Apr 19 14:52:00 MEST 2001

Our experience with AIX is that they use a SMUX SNMP Agent. The agent itself
doesn't really provide any real data for MRTG other then standard MIB-II
stuff like traffic, errors, etc. Its used to allow administrators to build
on top of. (I guess this is another way IBM makes money :) ). Our solution
was to use a 3rd party SNMP Agent. Some of our clients used EmpireTech (now
owned by Concord, and cost money). I've heard some people used the NET-SNMP
(formally UCD-SNMP, freeware) but I can't seem to find a binary of NET-SNMP
for AIX. Does anyone have a binary for NET-SNMP on AIX? If so, I can supply
configurations for both Empire and NET-SNMP.

Marc

|Marc Bilodeau	      |    WebNM http://www.somix.com/products/webnm/   |
|Somix Technologies,Inc.|   Denika http://www.somix.com/products/denika/  |
|1293 Main St.          | I*SYSTEM http://www.somix.com/products/isystem/ |
|Sanford, ME 04073      |                                                 |
|                               | MRTG Configuration Fragments            |
|P: (207) 324-8805 x223 | http://www.somix.com/software/mrtg/             |
|F: (207) 324-8683      |                                                 |
|                               | MIB Repository                          |
|marc at somix.com         | http://www.somix.com/software/mibs/             |