[mrtg] Re: Day light savings time

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Fri Apr 20 23:20:04 MEST 2001

On Fri, 20 Apr 2001 dcurry at tsola.com wrote:

> How do I adjust my graphs for Daylight savings time?  Actually, I don't even
> need to adjust the graphs, just how do I keep mrtg from complaining if I
> rest my clock?

You don't need to do anything.  On the Sunday with the extra hour, MRTG
will have a 25-hour day on the daily graph.  With the hour removed, a
23-hour day will be graphed.  It all happens automagically.

MRTG will complain if you manually reset the clock such that the
epoch-seconds of a data capture occurs prior to a previously recorded
one, but this doesn't relate to daylight savings time.  Sync to NTP
and you'll never have to adjust your clock.

Jay Hennigan  -  Network Administration  -  jay at west.net
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  NASDAQ: NETX  -  http://www.netlojix.com/
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323