[mrtg] Re: Graph scale? ...

Julien Borne julien.borne at detexis.thomson-csf.com
Mon Apr 23 13:03:53 MEST 2001

> There is a way to change 'user default' settings back to 'factory default'
> but I've not tried it with the Unscaled[] parameter.
> Just enter the parameter with no value (you may need a trailing space after
> the ':'), ie
> Unscaled[_]:

hehe... already tried this with Unscaled [foo]: , but wait a min... Yep! seems
to work if I put Unscaled [_]:  between 2 cfg, i.e.
Unscaled [_]: dwmy
#### Interface foo1 ###
stuff...
####end of foo1
Unscaled[_]:
####interface foo2 ###
stuff...
####end of foo2

Instead of putting it INTO the interface config...
[oh, btw, what does 'foo' means for you english speakers? Because I'm using it,
but.... I'm just a poor lonesome frenchy.... ;-) ]

> You should be able to set MaxBytes to any value you want and if your not
> using AbsMax[] the graph will not go above this value.
> You specified MaxBytes[] with the value of 210000, that is 1.68 Mb, you sure
> this is correct?

That was just for testing... in order to have peaks :-P

> Thinking more about Julien's problem I've thought of something that could be
> added/changed (unless it's there already).
> If you have the following script.
>
> Target[dummy]: \Serial1:commSTR at 1.1.1.1
> MaxBytes[dummy]: 210000
> AbsMax[dummy]: 420000
> Unscaled[]: d
>
> Since you are using Unscaled[] for just the day graph, AbsMax should not be
> included for this graph (the graph should not go ABOVE or below MaxBytes)
> but still allow it for the w,m & y graphs.
>
> Or you could add another parameter of.
> NoAbsMax[dummy]: dw
>
> Don't include the AbsMax[] value with the d & w graphs.

THAT'S IT!!! Finally someone understood me (well, just a bit, huh!  ^^;): my
question is about ABOVE MaxBytes (see my hand-made graph!)
I join a new bmp, maybe more explicit (wow, I'm an artist! ;-P )

c u

Julien