[mrtg] Any knows issues with Windows 2000 Professional

Siddiqui, Kamran Kamran.Siddiqui at VerizonWireless.com
Fri Apr 27 16:16:25 MEST 2001

Hi I am new to MRTG and was hoping someone can help me with getting it to
generate graphs. I have installed MRTG and Perl and enabled SNMP on my
Windows 2000 Professional PC. I have generated the script with 'perl
cfgmaker public at localhost > mrtg.cfg' and ran the script as 'perl mrtg
mrtg.cfg'. I have modified the mrtg.cfg to dump the output to c:\mrtgdata
and have automated the execution every 5 minutes using a batch file. I can
see the files in the mrtgdata directory being updated every 5 minutes.

When I open the html file in the browser (IE) I don't see the the graph at
all. In fact, the graph portion is totally blank. Are thee any issues with
Windows 2000.

I have followed the installation instruction from
http://www.cruzio.com/~jeffl\mrtg\docs\w95mrtg.htm. The MRTG version is
2.9.12 and Perl is ActivePerl 5.6.0.623. and I have tried to update the
Microsoft Installer 1.1 but I got an error 'Wrong OS or OS version for
application'. Could this be causing the problem that I am not seeing
anything being graphed. Is there a version for Windows 2000.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Kamran