[mrtg] Re: MaxBytes

Roth, Gabrielle gabrielle.roth at xo.com
Mon Apr 30 18:22:40 MEST 2001

Interesting question.

MaxBytes has to be a specific value;  I'm guessing you want to use the value
returned by that OID.  What I've done for situations like this is alter
cfgmaker to poll a different OID than the default for the MaxBytes value,
then spit it back out when printing out the config.  It would be really easy
to make it add two values together as well.

Unless the value of this OID isn't static, in which case I haven't a ready
idea of how to work around that.

-gabrielle