[mrtg] Link speed

Alejandro Cabrera Obed sisdis at tournet.com.ar
Mon Apr 30 20:46:46 MEST 2001

Hi !!!

I´ve have two dedicated serial lines (HDLC) with 64 Kbps and 32 Kbps with my
ISP.
A couple of days ago, I've installed the MRGT in order to mesure the link
speed corresponding to th e32 Kbps line. I configured the MRTG with the
router attached to that link and in the weekly report, I take 27 Kbps as the
maximun link speed (32 - 27 = 5 Kbps under the limit).

I ask you: how can I do to test the link in order to prove that the maximun
link speed is 32 Kbps like my ISP assures ???
(My ISP says that the CIR is 32 Kbps).

Thanks everybody !!!

Alejandro Cabrera Obed
http://www.sisdis.gov.ar