[mrtg] Re: How to graph traffic on 2 pvc's on the same interface???

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Mon Aug 6 20:23:19 MEST 2001

Well, I'll give an almost canned answer.

1.  If your device supports the right info, just ask for that OID value. S
 ome versions of their OS support separate PVC stats, some don't.
Maybe provide the brand, model, and level of OS and we may be able
to help out
2.  If you can telnet to the router and do some command to get the
values you're looking for, write a script to do that and call it from MRTG.

Paul

>>> "Ivette Reategui" <reategi at mail.nlm.nih.gov> 08/06/01 02:11PM >>>

Hi everyone,

I do not know much about mibs, but I have MRTG running fine.  One of the devices being monitored is a Juniper M20.  Recently a PVC was added to a subinterface, which only had one pvc configured in it.  MRTG is now aggregating the 2 pvc's and showing combined traffic.  How do I make it graph the traffic separately for each pvc on that subinterface?

I appreciate any help anyone can give me :-)

- Ivette