[mrtg] Re: value error

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Tue Aug 7 14:11:04 MEST 2001

MRTG doesn't do negatives.  It has a very "absolute" outlook on monitoring.  You've got two choices - deal with the negatives being turned into positives, or switch to RRDTool...

Paul

>>> WEYMIENS Bruno FTRD/DMI/SOP <bruno.weymiens at rd.francetelecom.com> 08/07/01 07:56AM >>>

hi,

I started with MRTG one week ago, and it's doing quite fine up to now.
I found something strange on MRTG graphs :

I have an OID which equals "-2.56" in a specific MIB ; when I check it with
snmpwalk, I see the right value "-2.56", and MRTG indicates "2.56" on the
graph, which is the opposite.

is it possible that MRTG is doing unproperly with negative numbers, or is
there another explanation ?

thanx in advance for your help,
my version is 2.9.17.

regards,