[mrtg] Re: mrtg for APC SmartUPS and Novell

Pete Templin templin at urdirect.net
Tue Aug 7 18:35:18 MEST 2001

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, David Forsyth wrote:

> while I'm squirting emails all over the place I might as well mention
> that I've got mrtg working with the 'powernet' snmp dohicky that
> allows you to query stats for a SmartUPS 1000 (and others) connected
> to a Novell server.   mine is 3.12 and already runs it's own snmp,
> and I'm also using the mrtg extension NLM....
>
> installation is simply 'load powernet', this extends the snmp stuf to
> include the 'enterprises.318' hierarchy for APC ups's
>
> anyhow, the fly was the UPS stuff and I created an awk script to
> query the powerchute log file before I figured out how to use the
> powernet.nlm. (and how to read the MIB file) - the APC documentation
> does not mention the powernet.nlm at all that I can see, except for
> one obscure reference in the install instructions, but they don't say
> WHY you'd want to install it, just HOW

If it's of any help, you can see what I've done (including configs and
associated scripts, though in Perl on Linux) at
http://noc.urdirect.net/mrtg/ups.  It's a Smart-UPS 1400RMXL with the
Web/SNMP SmartSlot card (not tethered to a server).

Pete

--
Peter J. Templin, Jr., CCNP, CCDP
Networking Consultant

On-Line Internet Services - URDirect.net
A division of Global On-Line Computers
5606 Randolph Blvd		templin at urdirect.net
San Antonio, TX 78233		(210)692-9911