[mrtg] cfgmaker errors.

Jassim jseyadi at batelco.com.bh
Wed Aug 8 13:11:58 MEST 2001

Hi there,
I'm new to MRTG (only one day old ) ,,, ;-) ,,,,, I'm facing a problem with mrtg cfgmaker ,, here is the situation:

I'm trying to creat a cfg file for my SUN Sparc20 Solaris 2.6 machine,, I have an SNMP deamon running on the server ,,, (I think it comes by default). Anyway, when I try the following command from my MRTG server:

# ./cfgmaker public@<IP-Address> >> <IP-Adress>.cfg

I keep getting the following errors:

--base: Get Device Info on public@<IP-Address>:
SNMP ERROR:
    error status: noSuchName
    index 1 (OID: 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0)
SNMPv1_session (remote host: "<IP-Adress>" [<IP-Address].161)
                        community:     "public"
                        request ID:      1820403782
                        PDU bufsize:    8000 bytes
                        timeout    :        2s
                        retries    :          5
                        backoff:            1)

And it goes on like that ,,,,, can anyone help.

TIA,
Jassim Seyadi