[mrtg] Re: MRTG, Win2K Memory Problem after 20 hours

Garnel, Eric egarnel at Question.com
Wed Aug 8 18:16:50 MEST 2001

What are you using to update the instance?  Simple batch file, firedaemon,
MR Daemon, etc.....

I have a Pentium II 500 with 512mb ram monitoring 40+ devices along with
several custom perl scripts and it runs OK (not blazing fast)

We are also running whatsup as a service (a real drain) on it.

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Fisher, Scott [mailto:Scott.Fisher at Remmele.com]
Sent:	Wednesday, August 08, 2001 10:58 AM
To:	mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject:	[mrtg] MRTG, Win2K Memory Problem after 20 hours

We are running Windows 2000 with SP1, MRTG 2.9.17.

After running for about 20 - 26 hours, the disk on the system (900MHZ,
128MB) starts rattling and we run out of virtual memory.  At that point,
MRTG stops collecting and we have to reboot.  The system is _not_ hung,
usually wperl is not running by then.  After the restart, it works just fine
until we hit that time again.  We are collecting from one router with 5
circuits.

Has anyone had this experience?  Any solutions?  MRTG is the only
application running on the system.

Thanks

sf

Scott Fisher
Remmele Engineering - Information Systems
Email:  Scott.Fisher at Remmele.com
Tel:    (651) 635-4136
Fax:    (651) 635-4168