[mrtg] Re: MRTG, Win2K Memory Problem after 20 hours

Garth Williams garth at netscape.com
Wed Aug 8 18:36:35 MEST 2001

The question is really "What is causing the memory leak?"

Personally, I would suggest that you consider installing SP2, then seeing if
the problem is still there.  If so, I would then use PERFMON to target the
Memory Counters to help target the culprit.  My gut feeling is that this is
more a system problem than an MRTG issue.  MRTG might just be the process
that exacerbates (love that word!) the situation, or there may be another
program or service that is actually causing this to happen.  Hard to know
without a bit of troubleshooting.