[mrtg] Re: Polling Interval Again

Makis metridis at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 9 13:17:17 MEST 2001

> > I know this has been posted quite a numbers of times. Can someone tell
me
> > how and where to edit the mrtg code to have the interval less than 5
min.

> This Q is getting boring now.
>
> You can run MRTG as often as you want (every second if you wish!)
> but rateup.exe will ignore any data passed to it within 5 mins of the
> previous update.
>
> So unless you know how to modify rateup.exe your stuck with a 5 min
update.

> Other than that, move over to RRDTool.

I changed the values about Interval 5mins to the MRTG_lib.pm file .

# default interval is 5 minutes

$$cfg{interval} = 5 unless defined $$cfg{interval};

unless ($$cfg{logformat} eq 'rrdtool') {

# interval has to be 5 minutes at least without userrdtool

if ($$cfg{interval} < 5) {

die "ERROR: CFG Error in \"Interval\": should be at least 5 Minutes";

I have tested with 2 mins and with a cfg file contains 2 interfaces .Of
course you can always use the Inetrval : xx mins in exery cfg (Because with
this change the default is 2mins )
It seems to work .(Its working about one day ) .
Would i have any further problems with this change ?

Thanks

Makis

PS: I say again that i am testing it with this change .... i dont know if i
have any further problems .....