[mrtg] Max Speed question

jerum 63 jerum63 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 15 18:07:00 MEST 2001

I am new to MRTG and have begun using v2.9.17 on an NT machine to monitor
traffic levels on various switch ports and VLAN interfaces on our Cisco
Catalyst 6509.

In looking at the web pages generated by my two cfg files (one for the
switch and one for the MSFC2), I notice the "Max Speed:" vlaue at the top of
each web page. I have a few questions about this value.

1) How is the value obtained?
2) Why do all the values appear to be based on the number 125?  That is,
where I'd expect to see 100 MBytes/s i would see 125 MBytes/s instead.

  Thanks, in advance, for your assitance.

John
jerum63 at hotmail.com