[mrtg] Re: target[???] question

Adam Waltman AWaltman at docHarbor.net
Fri Aug 17 20:47:24 MEST 2001

The target[ xxx ] is the name of the file, log or html, that will be
generated.  You can call it what you like.  For example, I did this.  Target
[routername_ipaddress] ... When I access the graph or the log this is the
html file or the log file name.

-----Original Message-----
From: John R [mailto:jerum63 at hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 2:45 PM
To: mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [mrtg] target[???] question

Hello,

Please forgive me if this is another newbie RTFM question, but can you tell
me what the significance is of the text that appears between the square
brackets of the Target command in an MRTG cfg file?  Where does this text
come from? etc.

I am trying out a small script to monitor CPU load on my 6509 switch and
MSFC, but my config log is complaining about problems with my Target
statements.  The log message goes something liek this:

2001-08-17 14:42:33 -- WARNING: I can't find a "target[cpu.1]" definition
2001-08-17 14:42:33 -- ERROR: Please fix the error(s) in your config file

Thanks, in advance, for any help you can provide.

John

jerum63 at hotmail.com