[mrtg] off subject question

Garnel, Eric egarnel at Question.com
Tue Aug 21 17:22:19 MEST 2001

I have been using mrtg (windows & Linux), bigbrother, and netsaint for
monitoring purposes for sometime now.

1)	MRTG is used for bandwidth management mainly
2)	BigBrother is used for uptime, services and bandwidth/load (lard
utility)
3)	Netsaint is used for network overview, pageload times, printer
monitoring, etc

I currenty am running all 3 on a Linux server along with webmin (huge time
saver!)
As you can see from the above, I am off the deep end when it comes to
monitoring

Any rants or raves about the 3 mentioned utilities.
Are there other monitoring utilities similar to the above that anyone would
recommend?
Basically, I am looking for feedback and suggestions on various network
monitoring agents.

Thanks,