[mrtg] Solaris monitoring?

Henk-Jan Kloosterman proxy at mail.kloosterman.org
Fri Aug 24 13:52:48 MEST 2001

(My previous send did not have subject)

# Copyright 1988 - 06/30/98 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
#pragma ident  "@(#)snmpd.conf 1.1 98/06/30 Sun Microsystems"
I am currenlty monitoring only network devices (Cisco routers)
My boss like's MRTG so much he also wants me to collect data from a SUN
system running solaris 2.6
I created a cfg file with cfgmaker.... OK
But... no data come's in! I think its the snmpd.conf file.
It's on the bottum of this mail. Can someone say if its allright? If not
perhaps send me one that would work (give me read-only snmp rights)

2nd question. Are the any cfg examples for a sun for checkin CPU MEM, etc?
(It s a system with more then 2 cpu's)

sysDescr        DEFAULT_DESCR
syscontact      System Administrator
sysLocation     System Administrator's Office

#
# SyMON 2.0 MIB2 system info file
#
# File Format:
#
#  <parameter_name>     <value>
#
# Lines begining with "#" are considered to be comments
# A "#" in the middle of the line is simply a "#" character.
#
# Description of parameters:
#
#    sysDescr  String to use for sysDescr.
#    sysContact  String to use for sysContact.
#    sysLocation String to use for sysLocation.
#