[mrtg] Re: Wrong figures being graphed?!

Mike Koch Mike.Koch at etsi.fr
Mon Aug 27 11:43:19 MEST 2001

I can explain you what is in the log files :

1) The first line is the last result that MRTG got. The first number is the
number of seconds since 1st January 1970. It's a 'universal' notation, and
easier to do differences between dates. The second and third numbers are the
results returned by your script: here 238 and 238. So, actually, your
scripts is running fine.

2) All the others lines are an historic: you can see the time decreasing in
the first column, every 5 minutes (300 seconds). The second and third
columns are the results of your script at these dates. So you can see that
there is a lot of 0, but now it seems to work.

So what is going on ? MRTG put 0 values in the log. It can be because of
various things: value greater than MaxBytes (don't seems the case here),
problem of rights with executing the script (if it worked before, has
something been changed ?), a problem with the script itself...

By the way, I've got MRTG 2.9.17 and I'm pretty sure that you have to give 4
values when calling an external script. But maybe that wasn't the case with
older versions.

Maybe we can help you if you provide other informations...

Cheers.