[mrtg] Re: Wrong figures being graphed?!

Roger Leitch roger.leitch at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Aug 28 00:00:24 MEST 2001

Hi,

I don't know why you are getting zero figures, however, I can tell you that
your percentage figures are meaningless as they are calculated against
maxbytes.
If you are counting open files, the percentage is not relevent unless there
is a system limit.
I sugeest that you add the "nopercent" parameter to the Options.
Guage is correct for this kind of measurement.

It is worth noting that the average figure will not include zero data, as
mrtg/rateup will assume that this is missing data. ( I would assume you will
always receive a nonzero reply from your script as there will always be
files open).

Hope this helps.

Roger