[mrtg] Re: [_] vs. [^] vs. [$] vs. [xyz]

Alistair.McGlinchy at marks-and-spencer.com Alistair.McGlinchy at marks-and-spencer.com
Tue Aug 28 18:48:27 MEST 2001

Hello,

I recently got stung by the replace rather than append feature of an
Options[_] followed by an Options[target]. A quick and easy solution for me
was to remove the default and to add one option line per target.

It works fine but I was wondering if I was taking a performance hit for
doing so. I presume the initial parse of mrtg.cfg will be longer because the
file is longer, but is there any adverse affect after the cfg file has been
compiled?

Cheers,

Alistair

Registered Office:
Marks and Spencer p.l.c
Michael House, Baker Street,
London, W1U 8EP
Registered No. 214436 in England and Wales.

Telephone  (020) 7935 4422
Facsimile  (020) 7487 2670

www.marksandspencer.com

This e-mail is confidential. If you received it by mistake, please let us know and then
delete it from your system; you should not copy, disclose, or distribute its contents to
anyone nor act in reliance on this e-mail, as this is prohibited and may be unlawful