[mrtg] Re: SNMP error

Craig Baird craig at ns.xpressweb.com
Wed Aug 29 19:42:52 MEST 2001

Interesting.  Like I said, I didn't do a lot of research into the problem.
Basically, I started with MRTG 2.4, and tried to upgrade to 2.9.17, which
resulted in the problem.  Specifically, the problem I had was that
cfgmaker would return the error that was mentioned.  snmpwalk would work
fine, but cfgmaker would not.  I tried at least three different versions
in the 2.9 series with the same results.  Finally after downgrading to
2.8.12, everything worked fine.  I never did try an snmpget on specific
OIDs.  I'll have to try that when I get time to play with it.  Perhaps
that will shed some light on it.

Craig
Xpressweb Internet Services
craig at xpressweb.com