[mrtg] Re: Clarity

Mike Koch Mike.Koch at etsi.fr
Fri Aug 31 09:48:49 MEST 2001

Hi,

	I can assure you that MRTG returns correct information, so be
rassured, your manager has wrong on this ( do they have right sometimes ;-)
). There are zillions of people running MRTG with this 'basic' utilisation
(in/out traffic) and if the information wasn't exact, it would have been
discovered a long time ago...

	One source of misinterpretation is generally between graphs in
bytes/sec instead of our usual bits/sec (but your manager is not that
stupid, no ?).

	Anyway, it is always a good thing to check the results you have...