[mrtg] Which directories for what ?

Mike Koch Mike.Koch at etsi.fr
Fri Aug 31 12:58:06 MEST 2001

Hi everybody,

	I'm currently in the process of switching from rateup to rrd, and in
the same time, I would like to reorganize my folders organisation.
Currently, all my MRTG results ( .log files, .html, .png) are in one
directory (the Workdir variable), and all the .cfg files in another
directory on the same computer. So, I would like to know what directory
structure do you think is the most efficient, maintainable and easy to set
up. Is it better to have the logfiles (and so .rrd files) in another
directory and only basic html pages in the web directory ?? Is it better to
have the same computer collecting the datas and running the website (except
for the performance point)?

	In one sentence: any well-thought directory structure you have set
up, trap to avoid and good tips are welcomed !