[mrtg] Re: Nortel router cpu utilization

lindsay.hunt at power.alstom.com lindsay.hunt at power.alstom.com
Mon Dec 3 15:28:49 MET 2001

Hello,

Does anyone know if you can divide one oid by another in MRTG? I manage
Nortel routers and have determined that Nortel calculates cpu utilization
by dividing cpu used by cpu max.  Cpu used and cpu max both have a
corresponding oid.  Unfortunately, the cpu max value changes over time as
it is reported in centiseconds.  I could set a value for MaxBytes that
would always be greater than Cpu max but would prefer to divide one oid by
the other as this would produce the most accurate value. Thanks for your
help.

Lindsay Hunt

CONFIDENTIALITY : This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may
be privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender
immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for
any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.