[mrtg] MRTG and DSL?

Frank Carreiro fcarreiro at loweryinc.com
Wed Dec 12 17:59:57 MET 2001

Greetings.

MRTG has been a GOD send around here.  We monitor nearly every device
and have been for nearly a year.  Looking at RRD and it's awesome!
 Someday I'll make the switch.

Now that I'm somewhat comfortable with the tools I seem to have
difficulty enabling SNMP on my 675 Cisco router.  I have another friend
with a 678 Cisco experiencing the same problems.  We can't pull SNMP
data from it.  I suspect it's a trap problem.  The router may not
understand where to send the output (security?).  SNMP is enabled but
I'm unable to snmpwalk either box.

Has anyone been successful in this?  I've searched Cisco's site and the
MRTG docs in vain.  I've also searched other sites on SNMP.  No dice.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Thx

Frank