[mrtg] Re: Monitoring subinterfaces on a router..

Aaron Shively acshivel at indiana.edu
Wed Dec 12 16:53:29 MET 2001

My IOS does support snmp monitoring for the subinterfaces as can be seen
here:

interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.23 = GE-WAN3/2.2
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.24 = GE-WAN3/2.3
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.25 = GE-WAN3/2.4

I was able to pick them up with cfgmaker, however when I try to run MRTG
against the config I get "SNMP GET: Failed to reach target" errors like the
one below:

SNMPGET: Failed to reach target:
"ifInOctets.23&ifOutOctets.23:public at x.x.x.x". I tried multiple times!

Any suggestions?