[mrtg] Re: Multiple Sub-Interfaces

Andreas Nolte anolte at ccietac.de
Thu Dec 13 14:39:18 MET 2001

Hi,

the total traffic is useful if the physical interface has only 1 subscriber. If you have more then 1 subscriben on the physical interface, it is better to display the traffic for each subscriber.
An ohter possibility is to go into the transmission (1.3.6.1.2.1.10) branch of mib-2, and to get the traffic for each PVC.

Regards

Andreas

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001 07:21:47 -0600
Troy Arnold <Tarnold at norwood.com> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I have a Frame Relay network and have many subinterfaces on the router.
> Would it be smart ( and more accurate ) to take all interfaces and add them
> up for each T1 then graph that result orr would it be more useful to watch
> each subinterface and graph that.  When graphing a subinterface the reported
> utilazation is a % of the total bandwidth of the T1.  If this is so why not
> just graph the T1 as a total of all its subinterfaces?
>
> Troy
>
> --

Andreas Nolte
Email: anolte at ccietac.de