[mrtg] stale logfile err msg

Persio Pucci persio.pucci at ticbrasil.com.br
Fri Dec 14 17:35:06 MET 2001

Dear Folks,

I am running MRTG ver 2.8.12-3cl on a linux server. I have a front-end webserver running W2K, in which I have IIS 5.0. I have a folder in this W2K where my .cfg files are and where my workingfolders are, too. This folder is shared with full permissions and I did a smbmount on linux to this folder, with dmask and fmask 777, using a user that is Administrator on W2K. No problems so far, I can see the files A-OK.

The thing is, when I try to run mrtg, I get the following error msg:

ERROR: Can't unlink stale lockfile (/home/mrtg/http/durand/main.cfg_l). Permissions?

What am I missing?

rgds,

Persio