[mrtg] Re: cpu on the cisco 7206vxr

Andy Ziegelbein andy_ziegelbein at rac.ray.com
Tue Dec 18 17:41:42 MET 2001

What type of Catalyst are wanting to monitor?

The MIB referenced in the manual is now the OLD-CISCO-CPU-MIB.  The
Catalyst switches that we use all support this MIB, but perhaps you have
a model/OS version which doesn't support it.  There is another MIB,
CISCO-PROCESS-MIB, which might provide the information you are wanting.

If you are wanting to monitor a 29xx/35xx/49xx, the following should
work:
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109.1.1.1.1.5.1

If you are wanting to monitor a 55xx/65xx, the following should work:
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109.1.1.1.1.5.9

This is what works in our environment, but the instance number (the last
number) may not be the same.  It might be easiest to run an snmpwalk
against the switch using both MIBs minus the instance number (e.g.
snmpwalk {Switch IP} {Community} .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109.1.1.1.5, snmpwalk
{Switch IP} {Community} .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.58).  This will tell you (1)
if the switch supports the MIB, and (2) what instance numbers it is
using.

Another thing you might look for is to see if there are any access-lists
(IOS) or permit-lists (CatCode) setup to restrict SNMP access on the
switch.

Good luck.
Andy