[mrtg] Copying RRD's

Tom Laermans tom.laermans at powersource.cx
Sun Dec 23 16:17:59 MET 2001

Hi,

I have MRTG running at two places (A and B), collecting statistics, and
this works just fine.

However, one of those 2 places (B) is behind masq'd network, and I cannot
reach the webserver there.

But I would like to see B's graphs from everywhere, so I thought I'd upload
the .rrd files to the server A regularly.
(I cannot make the MRTG A monitor the B machine, because it's unreachable ;)

So I uploaded them from B to A. Then A's mrtg.cgi complained there was no
such target in the config file.
So I created an 'offline' config file which contained all the offline
things and used that in mrtg-offline.cgi (copied to other name and edited
to use another configuration file).

Now it can find B's targets on A and I upload the .rrd files, however all
graphs created have no data in it :-(

Any suggestions?

(My explanation isn't 100% clear, I know, if you need more info just ask :)

Tom