[mrtg] Re: Problems with Legend[1234IO]

Bill Jacobs bjacobs at dma.org
Thu Feb 1 03:00:16 MET 2001

I found I needed to do that in each individual target stanza; trying it in the
default target didn't work.  And sure enough, in the command reference:

To remove the default value and return to the 'factory default', specify an
empty value, e.g.:

 YLegend[_]:

cpt2 at daimlerchrysler.com wrote:

> I've defined some default values for some equipment that I monitor as:
>
> WithPeak[_]:ym
> ShortLegend[_]: bites
> XSize[_]: 380
> YSize[_]: 100
> YLegend[_]: Memory (kb)
> Legend1[_]: Memory Free
> Legend2[_]:
> Legend3[_]: Memory Free
> Legend4[_]:
> LegendI[_]:  Free
> LegendO[_]:
> Options[_]: gauge, nopercent, growright, transparent, unknaszero
>
> However, while the first legend (LegendI) says "Free" I still get the
> second line (LegendO) saying "Out".  The docs (MRTG v2.8.6 on NT) say that
> to make the second not display at all you must leave the definition empty,
> as I did above.  Does this not apply for default definitions?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
> TIA
>
> --

Bill Jacobs
       It is indeed difficult to predict the future, especially as it has not
happened yet.  -- C Huitema