[mrtg] Re: mrtg locking

mpetach at eng.concentric.net mpetach at eng.concentric.net
Thu Feb 1 23:08:35 MET 2001

Recently, Shawn Barnhart talked about "[mrtg] mrtg locking", and said
> MRTG does some basic locking during execution.  From my lame programming
> knowledge, it looks like it generates the locks based on the config
> filename.  Is this correct?  I'd like to run more than one mrtg, and
> assuming I use different config file names I presume I'll get different
> locks and avoid any conflicts.  Is this an accurate assumption?

Yes, it generates lockfiles based on each config file
it reads.

:-)

Matt
--
XO Communications (formerly Concentric)  |         Matthew Petach {MP59}
Senior Network Architect                 |         mpetach at concentric.net
1400 Parkmoor Avenue                     |         Tel: (408) 817-2535
San Jose, CA  95126-3429                 |         Fax: (408) 817-2630