[mrtg] Re: Lib problems with MRTG

SUZUKI Yasuhiro ysuzuki at bb.mbn.or.jp
Wed Feb 7 14:56:35 MET 2001

Hello.

In message "[mrtg] Lib problems with MRTG",
Mario_Santos wrote...
 >Hi, people,
 >
 >I had a MRTG running in Linux works well.  Nowadays, Iエm  migrating the MRTG
 >to Sun Solaris 2.6, but Iエm having problem with library when I use crontab.
 >If Iエm running by hand in the terminal it does work ok.
 >
 >Someone can help me?
Does LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable of an user as cron include '/usr/local/lib'
or some other path in which 'libucd.so.1' exists. I think the user ID of the cron
is different from that when you run mrtg manually.

I had same problem before and setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable
properly worked well.

 >I tried linked the libraries, but it doesnエt work.
 >
 >The mail that I received is:
 >
 >Your "cron" job on mrtgbe2
 >/opt/mrtg/mrtg /opt/mrtg/clientes/MRED/MRED.cfg
 >
 >produced the following output:
 >
 >ld.so.1: /opt/mrtg//rateup: fatal: libucb.so.1: open failed: No such file or
 >directory

SUZUKI Yasuhiro
  ysuzuki at bb.mbn.or.jp
  http://plaza8.mbn.or.jp/~yswww/myself/