[mrtg] Make a percentage graph

Koot Oscar Oscar.Koot at icl.nl
Wed Feb 7 14:58:54 MET 2001

Hello,

I want to have a graph with percentage of network traffic instead of bytes.

So what I want to do is use ifinOctets / ifspeed * 100
This isn't possible because MRTG complaints about mixing Gauge and Counter
types.

If I know the speed I just can do for example 10 Mb speed

ifinOctets  / 1250000  * 100 = ifInOctets / 12500
When I use the target
Target[example]: 2 at IPadres / 12500

the results are multiplied instead of divided.

Or I can use ifInOctets * 0.00008 and than the results are also not good.
(multiplied by 1/0.00008 )
Target[example]: 0.00008 * 2 at IPadres

How should I do this.

Gr Oscar Koot