[mrtg] Re: Monitoring SQL

cpt2 at daimlerchrysler.com cpt2 at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Feb 12 23:48:25 MET 2001

Adrian,

This is what I understand from your setup.  You have an NT box running SQL,
a Windowze workstation, and the Linux box which is running MRTG.

If you use GETIF on the workstation you can query ANY OID on the NT server.

If you use snmpget on the Linux box, you can query ANY OID on the NT
server, EXCEPT the SQL OIDs.

This doesn't make much sense to me.  If you can poll the SQL oids from one
machine you should be able to do it from any other machine assuming you
have permission which it seems you have.  I don't think you can restrict
permission only on certain OIDs.

To me it still seems like a syntax problem.
Here is what I would do.  Poll some other OIDs that DO work from the Linux
box, using GetIf from your workstation.  Compare the way Getif shows the
OID to how you have it set up on the Linux box (in the CFG files).  Do the
same for the SQL OIDs.

Sent by:  mrtg-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch